Hartpury College is a further and higher education establishment that is located in Gloucestershire. It is known for offering sports, agricultural and animal courses and it has a long and interesting history. Some of the grounds and formal gardens are tended by a dedicated gardening team who undoubtedly need to have Briggs And Stratton Parts from companies like https://diyengineparts.com/Brand/1/briggs-and-stratton-parts on hand on case any of the equipment breaks, to ensure that they can maintain the svast site to the standards that they have set.
Here are some interesting facts about the site.
- It was established following World War 2 as an education centre for agricultural students and its first intake was only for 50 students. In 1948 the local council bought the house and farm from the original owners which totalled 350 acres of land. They turned the house and the buildings on the sire into classrooms, dormitories, dining facilities, a kitchen and offices for the staff. There was also a library and common room area for the students to gather in.
- It wasn’t until 1953 that female students were allowed to enrol on the college courses and this included horticulture, poultry and farming.
- By 1993 there were over 1,300 full time students enrolled on courses at the college.
- In 2007 the college opened its staggering equine arena and a number of high profile events are held throughout the year in the Equine centre.
- 2019 – a staggering 4,000 full time student are now enrolled on courses at the college and theis covers everything form A-Level courses right through to full degree programs and the college has further exciting plans in place for the future.